Tuesday, August 17, 2010

“I’m waiting for her head to spin around.”

Since I have recently been experiencing the joys of parenthood, I had to steal a line from that great movie. This one refers to the wonderful joy of projectile vomit. Yesterday, Ewan was not himself at school all day, but we weren’t sure why. The answer became very clear about half way though our commute home when he began to throw up over and over in the back seat. The scary thing is that he wasn’t crying; he was silent. So, I freaked out and started hitting him in the forehead until he cried out! Poor guy, but I had to make sure he was okay back there.

I couldn’t really pull over and we don’t use a mirror so I decided to use one of Jamie's tricks and reach my phone back and take a photo. I know it is so unnecessary, but I can’t resist sharing the photo with you. He had carrots for lunch that day…

IMG_20100816_183343

The scary thing is that the puking continued for a while after this! Luckily, he is all better now although he is still riding the fuss bus.

Plus, the silver lining to this story is that we were having flashbacks to having a newborn. He was so snuggly with us all night, he slept in our room and we watched him sleep, and we had to wake up every few hours to feed him!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I am both sympathetic and laughing at the same time. He deserves some kind of award for that. Glad he's feeling better!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home