Friday, May 11, 2012

An entire decade...

That is how long Jamie and I have been married today. I can't quite believe it.



For those of you that do not know our story or would like a refresher, here is a synopsis...

 I met Jamie in October 1998 when I was studying abroad in England. I liked him immediately and wasn't sure if the feelings were mutual. Despite him being 2.5 years younger than me, I tried to spend as much time with him as possible and even pretended to like a band I didn't know to go to the concert with him (Jamie calls this stalking, I call it determination...and it worked). Spent the year together, spent 2 agonizing years apart, and then decided that was long enough. We knew we wanted to be together forever so in order for us to be able to actually be together, we would get married. We were young(ish) and in love and never looked back. The INS had its own ideas about when Jamie could enter the country, but after many frustrating phone calls Jamie befriended a man at the embassy who helped get Jamie into the USA a week before our wedding...crisis averted! Our wedding was fun and wonderful. It is so fabulous to have all (well, almost all) of your close family and friends together to drink and dance and laugh. We ended the night with our song, "Bohemian Rhapsody", and that has become a tradition for every major life event since (minus Ewan's birth- might have been a bit much for the hospital!). It has been the most amazing 10 years (well an amazing 13.5 years really) a girl could ask for.  I spend many day dreaming moments thinking about how lucky I was to have found Jamie many, many miles from home. When Ewan was born, we were overjoyed, of course, but there was something unexpected about it. Seeing the person you love be the most amazing, loving father makes you love them even more. Ewan adores his Papa (sometimes a little too much ;) ) and I adore Ewan's Papa too!
Happy Anniversary Jamie! Here is to many more decades to come.

I have compiled a very vain picasa album of us over the years. Trust me it was tough to narrow it down even this much, but got it down around 50 photos. I know I missed many favorites especially with photos scattered over various computers. There are some captions if you're curious and I tried to go chronologically (with about 90% accuracy I believe.)


1 Comments:

Blogger Jane Osborne said...

I love this post.
I was a little sad and concerned when you left England to marry so young. However, when I see how happy you both are it gives me joy in my heart.
A mum can not ask for more.
I have also gained a holiday home on the West Coast!

Much love
Mum aka Jane
xxxxx

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home